Raw Veggie Burger
A dehydrator is required for these raw veggie burger patties. Hemp seed hearts give these veggie burgers their moist texture. Although this recipe has a lot of ingredients, it’s actually quick to prepare since it’s pretty much “throw and go.”
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts (hemp seeds)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 3/4 cup finely chopped veggies (combination of celery, onion, fresh parsley, and/or red pepper – some of each is best, but ratio doesn’t matter)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon Avena’s Pristine Sea Salt (ground up)
- 2 teaspoons dried dill (optional)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- Add all dry ingredients (except hemp hearts and chopped veggies) to your food processor. Process until well mixed and almost flour-like. Transfer into a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients (hemp hearts and chopped veggies) to the mixture in large bowl. Stir with a spoon until thoroughly combined.
- Add water and lemon juice. Stir again.
- Line dehydrator trays with parchment paper.
NOTES: First, the patty. Raw veggie burger patties are usually made from a savoury concoction of vegetables and a binding agent (like flaxseed, for example). The mixture is moulded into patties and dehydrated in a dehydrator, which results in a delicious, hearty patty. When preparing your patties, be mentally prepared that they will be a lot smaller after dehydration as much of the moisture is removed during the dehydration process.
The bun? You can either make a bread or cracker by dehydrating them or do what I do. Wrap the patty in a crisp leaf or romaine lettuce and you’re good to go.
For more great recipes like this click here!